Keep Your Sanity During Crazy Times
Recently, I’ve had many conversations with clients, friends, colleagues, and family members about all the massive negativity that we are currently being flooded with in the media. We all agree: it’s NOT helpful. It only serves to perpetuate fear, anger and a doom and gloom attitude. Therefore, I am instituting the following tips to maintain my sanity and positive attitude amidst the negativity.
- Minimize exposure to the media, especially media with extreme and slanted views.
- Minimize exposure to social media where folks share political opinions and re-post political articles, videos, etc. I use social media to stay connected with others, not to hear political rhetoric.
- Refrain from commenting on, sharing, or (re)posting political opinions and political articles, videos, etc.
- Check credible sources and get the real facts on news stories before panicking. What the executive orders really contain vs. what others say they will result in.
- Un-follow folks who constantly share and re-post negative articles, many of which have not been confirmed as fact.
- For the time being, replace the time usually spent on listening/reading news/social media with something more positive such as reading a productive book/article or listening to an uplifting podcast.
Hopefully, by practicing these tips, I will remain a positive force in a crazy world and not be negatively impacted by what’s being said around me. As they say daily in Winning Futures, “Attitude is everything.” Make it a great day and live an even better life.
“You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” – Joyce Meyer
“Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
“Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.” – William James